Supposed 84 in 65 but cited for 75+.. Learner's Permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

And1GT14

Hi, I was cited for 75+ in a 65 zone on Highway 280 South. The conditions were good, sunny, dry, low traffic, and lots of up hills and downhills. I was driving a Lexus and the car picks up speed without the driver even noticing. I was pulled at a downhill where my car was picking up speed. The problem is that I have a Learner's Permit. I don't know my options or what I should do to be prepared. The court I promised to appear in is in San Mateo. I live in Los Altos. What immediate action should I be taking?

And1GT14 said:
Hi, I was cited for 75+ in a 65 zone on Highway 280 South. The conditions were good, sunny, dry, low traffic, and lots of up hills and downhills. I was driving a Lexus and the car picks up speed without the driver even noticing. I was pulled at a downhill where my car was picking up speed. The problem is that I have a Learner's Permit. I don't know my options or what I should do to be prepared. The court I promised to appear in is in San Mateo. I live in Los Altos. What immediate action should I be taking?

I dont know what the the consequences for ppl w/ Driver's Permit but I would advise you to go to court and talk to the prosecuter. Dont forget to mention the fact that you are a student and you might be able to get this dismissed upon payment of fine. By the way, were you eligible to drive alone?

Good Luck !!!

My dad was in the car when I was pulled over so I had an adult with me. The only rule I violated was the speeding one. When do I go to talk to the prosecutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back