Support and Restraining Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbxtc

I got served papers to appear in court on the 30th of this month for non payment of out of pocket child care expenses. I pay child support (garnished from my paychecks), as well as half of daycare expenses, that i hadnt paid for around 2 months.

I havent paid the out of pocket daycare expenses because my daughters mother opened up a fraudulant temporary restraining order against me...which is probably going to be dismissed at the next court date on the 16th.

The order states that i have no contact with her, her home, email, letters, or 3rd parties. I have never been behind on my daycare, until i wasnt abley to physically give her any money, or to ask her how often my daughter was in day care that week, so i knew what to pay.

The court order says in big bold letters, that the purpose of the order is to punish me for nonpayment and contempt of court.

Am i going to get into trouble here..i mean i have always had the money and never been late...just couldnt get her anything until i get the stupid tro dropped.

Yes, you could get into trouble - but if you have the money and take it with you to court, there's every chance you'll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more.

Actually, if the TRO is dismissed, you have no reason not to pay her the very same day - which will make the entire thing moot, correct?

Did that TRO include your daughter?

Yes, you could get into trouble - but if you have the money and take it with you to court, there's every chance you'll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more.

Actually, if the TRO is dismissed, you have no reason not to pay her the very same day - which will make the entire thing moot, correct?

Thanks for answering...yes, the TRO included my daughter, and for some reason my ex's new child, whom i've never even met. I would of course bring money to pay her the same day as the order is dropped..its less than a hundred dollars, so its not a huge deal, and i would be paying it anyway.

What do you mean by a slap on the wrist? as in a fine? If so, i dont understand how that is right. I have done nothing wrong..i adhered 100 percent to a temporary restraining order, that was made fraudulantly by a vindictive woman, for no reason, other than to disrupt my time with my daughter..why would i get even a slap on the wrist, for doing what i was told?

Agreed with you:

Hi,

Ya i too agree that you could be in trouble.

Now only you can do is hire a good lawyer,he will suggest the best for you.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back