Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Summons for MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebby

State: Kansas

It was a Saturday night and i had been drinking in a car that a friend let me borrow. Me and another bud where driving around in it when i decided to go home. My friend drives the car that our other friend let us borrow. And i drove home in my car. The next day i find out that my friend had got pulled over in our other friends car while driving it home. He got a ticket for a MIP and Driving without a license. (I don't know what the legal term is. Unauthorized Operator?) So about 6 days after the incident i get a summons to go to our local municipal court and on it it has my name (spelled incorrectly) My driver's license number, and all of the info that is on that. (i.e. weight, hieght, and address) The two offenses MIP and Unauthorized Operater were on the summons. It has a court date but no fines or anything on the back. And where the signature line is it just says: Sent Via US Mail.

So my questions are:

Is this a summons to try and get me to admit to being in the car prior to when my friend got pulled over? (I'm assuming he gave them my name as to ease the pressure on him) So they can give me a MIP and whatever an "unauthorized operator" is.

Or.

Is this a summons to be a witness against him?

If it is to get me to admit to being with him. What is the likelihood of me getting the ticket considering two facts. One: I was never pulled over therefore no officer can admit to me being there. Two: It wasn't my vehicle so that lowers my chance of being there.

It seems to be the whole thing is based of off the testimony of the driver who was ticketed. I don't see how hearsay can be proven in court since no one other than the driver said i was there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back