Suing a LLC over real estate issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_M

We purchased a house early this your in Orland Park Il. The house had been re-furbished by 2 LLC's and was a great buy. After we moved in the house flooded and we found extensive damage to the property due to past flooding issues. We filled a suit against the LLC's but they have been dissolved. Is there any way we can go after the people behind the LLC's. We were never told that there had been previous problems with water and they did not mark anything on the paperwork saying there was. We paid $300 for the house and it needs about $100 worth of repairs. I can not afford this and I can not have my family live in a house that has rot, mold, and structural issues. We did have it inspected and was given a clean inspection. I own another house in another state and at this point in time considering wlaking away. Do I have any recourse against these people..

Have you thought about going after the inspector for gross negligence? He was supposed to have found evidence during his inspection. As far as going after the people that were part of the LLC, you can try, but chances are they are goners...How about your home insurance? Have you thought about tapping into that? Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back