Suing a club or small organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild_whippies

Hi, I wonder if anyone can be of assistance with a query I have. Basically I am a member of 2 small organisations that are involved with whippet racing, both of which require drug testing within their rules and dogs which prove positive subject their owners to a ban. Now one of the comittee members took it upon themselves to enquire about legal advice with regards to where the organisation stood if one of it's members tried to sue and was informed that a member could take such a case to court and win.
I've tried to get as much info as possible about whether a club can be sued for excluding a member under breach of their own rules but to be honest, what I have found has been fairly limited. (I did find some info from a book on sports law which stated that generally courts steer clear of these kinds of cases unless there's a clear case of unlawful wrong doing)
I would of thought that being a member of a club is more so a privelage with rules you have to abide by and by doing so, any breach you make make's you open to a ban with no case in law for appeal?
Many thanks for any information or further reading individuals could recommend.
Jacqui

Anyone can sue anybody else for anything at any time anywhere.

Chances of winning? About 50-50, more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back