Sued for hospital bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNEWMAN

Legal action has been filed against me for not paying charges totalling 2,213.84 for a hospital visit. I have not been able to pay these bills, and I have had serious medical problems. I am 23 years old and I just got married, my wife and I both holding down full time jobs and going to college full time. We can barely afford our utilities, rent, and car expenses as it is and we can't believe that they can do this to someone in our already dire financial situation! I cannot pay these people plus the 12% interest they are asking for, and my family cannot survive if they start garnishing my wages. I could probably borrow the money to hire a lawyer, but I am wondering if I even have a case. And after the damage to our credit, we are wondering if we could clear up a bankruptcy faster than we can get over all this. So should I hire a defense lawyer or a bankruptcy lawyer?
Sincerely,
Levi Newman

If you have money to hire a lawyer then you have money to pay this bill. Call them and see if they are willing to settle this for a cash payment. sometimes they will reduce the bill or allow monthly payments if you pay cash. You probably do not qualify for medicaid . Have you tried working something out with him? A BK is going to kill your credit but if you have alot of other debt you cannot pay it might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back