Subpoena Dad's Med. History for Genetic Illness

TeBro

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
A friend of mine is dealing with a host of medical issues, primarily a heart problem that results in her going into cardiac arrest. It has become more frequent as time goes on, with her coding twice this week and being admitted to the hospital for multi-day observation. She has a familial history of heart conditions on her paternal side, but that's all she knows, as that side of the family refuses to speak to her. Her doctors believe the issue to be genetic, but can't pinpoint the problem and believe it will get worse or fatal if untreated. She has pleaded with her father to simply let her know what his history is (he has it worst in the family, besides her), and he tells her to bug off.
My question is, can her father's medical records be subpoenaed if it can possibly help doctors treat a genetic defect that is likely to kill her?
Thanks for any help.

Parents owe no legal duty to ADULT children.

Agree.
She is the patient. Her doctors need to test her and diagnose. I can't imagine they aren't already doing this.
They are and they have no idea, saying it may be some rare electrical condition.
It makes full sense to me why something like this wouldn't be allowed, I was just curious if there were some strange loophole somewhere that would allow her to gain something of use from her deadbeat dad, for once.

can her father's medical records be subpoenaed if it can possibly help doctors treat a genetic defect that is likely to kill her?

No. Her father has no legal obligation to tell her anything his medical history, and his medical records are his to control.

Back