Owner Change Subleased Apartment and facing damage costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

valentina3

Hi,

I had a 17 month lease and due to my job relocation subleased my apartment and moved to other town.After 2 years of lease completion I got an email mentioning
apartment damages for $1600 including 300$ lawyer fee.As I cant break the lease,tried hard and found a person added to my lease.Person was approved and I was mentioned
person is in lease by rental manager.One more mistake I made is to just accept on words with out any writing from rental management that the subleased person
application is approved and she added in lease.

Major Damage cost includes wine stains on carpet and painting apartment which the subleased person did.Now rental office are coming back and mentioning the other
person is not in lease and I am responsible for paying it.If required asking me to contact the subleased person internally and close the damage cost but they cant send
notices to her.Subleased person wantedly not picking my phones or replying to emails.Should I have to handle the mistakes done by other people.I understand I am on
lease and responsible for it but I have to pay huge & whole amount by myself.

Even the earlier notice was sent to subleased person as she didnot reply they tracked me down after 2 years and including $300+ lawyer fees on top of it.Is there any
way I can track the subleased person address and send notices or how can I make her to pay the amount.Please suggest,I have less time.

You can sue the missing woman in small claims court. Of course, you'll have to find her. Then you'll have to try and convince a ourt you're right. The hardest part is last. Then you must collect. All of that takes time, lots of time. Collecting on a small claims judgment is a miracle. God luck, at least you've learned a valuable lesson.

You can sue the missing woman in small claims court. Of course, you'll have to find her. Then you'll have to try and convince a ourt you're right. The hardest part is last. Then you must collect. All of that takes time, lots of time. Collecting on a small claims judgment is a miracle. God luck, at least you've learned a valuable lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back