Student Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemenrock

I would like to know if I can sue my ex for half of my student loans. I have proof where the money went into his checking account and what he spent the money on. I owe about 54,000.00 in loans and he spent about 30,000.00 of that money. What should I do.

You can sue anyone for anything anywhere at any time.

I am not sure what you are asking.

Did you get a student loan and then give it to your ex?

What was the money for?

Explain yourself.

The student loans were for living expenses, lawyer fees, business expenses. His pay checks were only 132.00 a week after all his child support was garnished. He was caught shop lifting and I had to get a student loan to pay attorney fees. he has actually cost me more than that over the past 11 years. How do I go about suing for at least half of the money? I can not afford an attorney so I will have to do this myself.

Sue him in small claims court for the actual amount of money you gave him.

Do not expect to win. The judge will look on it as a gift.

Avoid mentioning that you made a fraudulent loan.

Why would that be a fraudulent loan? I have all the deposits made into his checking account and all the checks written for the past 6 years. You can only sue for less than 5000.00 in small claims court here. That is far shy of what he owes me, don't you think?

If you took out a student loan and gave it to your sweetie, then that sounds fraudulent.

Hire a lawyer and go after the guy in regular court.

No, you can get a student loan for whatever you need it for. You do not have to account to the lenders what you need the money for. That part does not matter. What does matter is that my ex husband has spent about 30,000.00 of that money. Do I need to get an attorney or can I handle this myself.

Yes, get an attorney. Do not try and handle this in court yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back