student loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohma

I went to school at itt and I decided to switch schools because I found out the hard way that I wont get hired after possibly getting a degree there ,that my credits wont transfer and that I'm paying a lot of money for teachers that won't/can't/don't teach.
anyway...i go and enroll for another school and put my start date till mid october of this year....
I was told that itt would keep my student money,I was using pell grants and stuff to get through school.
and that was one of the reasons for me starting later .I left in weeek 8 of an 11 week course .
suddenly I find myself with a 5500 dollar bill that was suppose to be covered by the grant and student aid.
itt still has me on there books and they itt said they sent the money back but it looks like they kept it and now i cant get student aid or anything so I'm stuck in limbo...what can i do to fix this issue?
I can add more info if needed.

Last edited:
I would imagine that leaving 8 weeks into an 11 week course would pretty much guarantee you won't receive a refund.

Could you perhaps clarify the question for us?

Srrry let me clarify. the 5500 dollars would have gone to itt, it's a pell grant and student aid. .itt is saying that they sent the money back but when i called the federal student aid they were like itt should have keep the money and we have no recorded of the money being sent back. ..i did 8 weeks so itt should have kept the money and not billed me from what was explained to me, I'm on my phone so if i need to clear more up i can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back