Student Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

btill900

Okay, I was very uninformed and not smart when I started college. I took out a private loan with some people known as Loan to Learn. They are right....I learned not to take out private educational loans.

The problem I am having is collections. I was late making a payment and they sent me to a collection agency. The collection agency calls me sometimes 3 to 4 days a week. They call my mom 2 to 3 times a week as well. We have made 3 or 4 payments this month to them but they still keep calling.

One of the collection agents that called let us know that we should only make payments to loan to learn over the phone or on the computer because when we mail them the payment might sit on a desk or in a drawer for more than 3 weeks before it's posted and the collection Agency doesn't know the payment is made until it's posted so they keep calling.

He also told us that we should not make payments before the 10th of any month or the payment would not go for the current month but it would go for the past month.

Is there anything illegal going on here?

Without reading your note, I'd say it doesn't sound illegal, just sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back