Student loan crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncolumbo

I'll try to keep this short...
I am trying to repay a student loan that is held by ECMC and was originally held by Well's Fargo. I had been contesting the amount of the principle and finally found a financial aid administrator at the school (PCC) to investigate my claims. She discovered that the school had made the error (totalling $2,208.00). She contacted ECMC and as far as she was concerned, everything was fixed. However, ECMC keeps denying that Mrs. Anderson has even contacted them and now they have sent my loan to their collection division. I'm trying to work with them and they want me to sign a statement but I'm hard pressed to sign it due to the discrepencies with the priciple amount.
Can anyone tell me what my options are here? The school admits the mistake but the note holders won't even discuss it. I don't want to pay for the schools mistake but I don't know who to go after and I don't have any money to hire an attorney.

Thanks you,
Sincerely,
N. Columbo

ECMC claims I owe money and took our federal income tax refunds to offset the debt. ECMC refuses to accept proof that loans were paid in full to the original creditors. My attorney gave up arguing with them. I contacted many people to try to resolve this case.

The US Department of Education Ombudsman said they are the correct people to resolve this. Call 1-877-557-2575 and explain your case.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back