student aide dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancebear

i was in a mental hospital for 3 years and filed no taxes- my wife filed for student aid for my son at this time and wrongfully declared us as separated legally and never, wrongfully, filed income for me on the student aid form (which as i stated i never filed taxes). as a result he is going to college for virtually nothing- we are coming up to the deadline for this year's student aid filing and i do not know what to do- i am out of the mental health hospital and live at home- my wife however, has a condition related to drinking which makes her mentally incompetent to assist in resolving this situation. i am nervous about penalties and worse and i want my son to finish his last year of college.

Last edited:
If someone gets student aid based on incorrect information & it is caught, it will have to be paid back; the person may also have to pay fines and fees. If someone purposely give false or misleading information on the application, the person may be fined, sent to prison, or both. Schools are getting much better at catching mistakes & fraud.

If there are any back income tax forms that you need to file, you need to do that also.

i was in a mental hospital for 3 years and filed no taxes- my wife filed for student aid for my son at this time and wrongfully declared us as separated legally and never, wrongfully, filed income for me on the student aid form (which as i stated i never filed taxes). as a result he is going to college for virtually nothing- we are coming up to the deadline for this year's student aid filing and i do not know what to do- i am out of the mental health hospital and live at home- my wife however, has a condition related to drinking which makes her mentally incompetent to assist in resolving this situation. i am nervous about penalties and worse and i want my son to finish his last year of college.

None of that is relevant to the jack booted thugs that CONFISCATE your money, that they call taxes.

I suggest you be proactive in rectifying this situation which will not disappear.

Take the first step and discuss it with a couple local lawyers.

You can also Google "tax resolution services".

There are many out there.

Find a couple and have a chat with them about your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back