Consumer Law, Warranties Stuck with Ducktless Air Conditioner System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talavren

It's kind of complicated.
I bought this system from the private seller on eBay. COM. It was cost $900 including shipping (insurance included in shipping). Seller shipped it to me via FedEx; there were two packages, while in transit FedEx damaged one package, which was A/C. So, seller filed a claim with FedEx and FedEx paid him the full value of the system. Then seller wanted me to ship these two packages back to him. Only then he would refund my money. I had FedEx to come over and ship it back to him. FedEx shipped them under the same tracking numbers the seller used. So, for some reason FedEx were able to deliver one package, but not another one. FedEx were unable to find the right address, so it was shipped back to me, I gave them the address were it should go to, but FedEx is not shipping it to him. When I'm trying to track it on FedEx site it says, "unable to deliver, package damaged". I filed a dispute with my credit card, but their policy is that I have to return the item to the seller. So at this moment I paid $900 and have nothing, but seller got paid twice: I paid him and FedEx paid him. I cannot make FedEx to ship it back to the seller, cause only he can call them and make them – he's FedEx customer and I'm just nobody. Of course, he won't call them; it's not in his interests. So is there a way to get my money back? I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me an advice - what should I do in this situation. Thank you in advance.

First is to find out from Fedex what the problem is. Next is to send him a demand letter with regard to his receipt of the merchandise. I might also inform him that failure to pay me will result in my informing Fedex of his attempt at fraud since he was paid for the entire value of the package yet he still has the package as well. Perhaps that might jar him a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back