Stroke caused by medical insurance neglegence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmritter

My jurisdiction is: California/usa

My wife suffered a Pontine hemhorrage (severe stroke) 12/08/2008 because my medical insurance company at the time denied a claim for necessary blood pressure medication in violation of HIPAA.
She is home now in a wheel chair requiring 24 hour 7 days a week assistance to move from the wheel chair to do anything. She can move but does not have feeling in her left arm, leg, right side of her face, and no sense of balance. Bills are over $800,000.00, and I have since lost my job.
Social security was applied for in December of 2008 and is still pending because they think she's not as bad as the 7 doctors seeing her have stated in writing to them. I am no lawyer but I think I should be entitled to some sort of settlement from the insurance company since I have all the documentation from them concerning their denial of the blood pressure medication as well as their denials to allow her to receive medical care to locate the source of the high blood pressure and fix it.

What was the reason the insurance company gave for the denial?

A couple of things to keep in mind; (1) nothing in the law says that an insurance company is required to pay for everything the doctor deems medically necessary if it would otherwise be excluded by the terms of the policy; (2) the insurance company does not deny medical care - it only states whether or not it will pay for it.

I have been through your post and feeling very sorry for her condition. Once go through the terms and conditions laid to the policy you have taken and if you find any possibility, visit a solicitor without any delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back