Straw Loan Fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRuh17

Someone Please HELP!!
I'll try and keep this as short as possible. My girlfriend went to a dealership to buy a used car because her current cAr was starting to have problems. She found a car she liked. Due to her credit not being the best because of her debt i was going to co-sign for her because i have very good credit. We made a deal then took the car home. A week and a half later I get a call from the finance manager that helped us, and he says that they couldn't get any banks to lend the money because of the negative equity on the trade in and her credit. So, he instead sent out the request again but just with my name on it and he received multiple offers. He said he picked the one with the best rate and then told me all the numbers. Then he told me that if the bank calls that i am to tell them that the car is for me, and that the trade in was my parents. I thought this was fishy, but i agreed because we needed the car, and because my girlfriend and i Live together and are both going to be driving the car and paying for it so who cares whose name is on the paperwork, especially since my name was already on the paperwork. He tells me multiple times to say that to the bank if they call, and says that his boss knows everything thats going on so if i have questions ask for him. So, we go back in and sign the new paperwork and we leave with the car.
A week and a half later I receive a call again from a different finance manager. He says that the bank rescinded the offer. I ask why and he says he doesn't know. I tell him that nothing has changed on our end so why would they pull back on the loan. He says he doesn't know so i ask for his boss. The boss tells me that the bank decided that there was too much negative equity after all. So, i ask about the other offers. He then tells me that there are no offers because everyone rescinded them. I think thats strange and ask why, but he says he doesn't know. So, i call later and ask to speak to the main boss of the entire dealership. He says he knows whats going on and he takes a look at the file. He then tells me that all over the file it says that the bank had called me and i had told them that the car was really for my girlfriend. That never happened. I tell him that that never happened. He says now, because of the fraud of a straw loan, that my name is flagged in the CUDL system, so now i can't get a loan from any lender. So, i have to bring the car back, which i've had for a month. Now, i can't go anywhere and get a loan, even with plus 800 credit, because the dealership did some kind of fraud with my name soi'm flagged. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!! I don't know what to do,but i don't want the dealership to get away with this. And, i need a car but i can't get one.
Sorry it's so long, but it could have been much worse. Please HELP. Thank YOU

I don't know what happened. You do have possession of the car. If it were me, I'd require the dealership to explain to me very, very carefully what the entire story is and how the financiers figured out that the car was for your girlfriend - perhaps it was numerous applications. What I'm not sure about is "tell them the car is for me" - are you saying that your girlfriend would have possession of the car elsewhere, e.g. she is living at another residence? If that is the case, then the best thing that could happen to you is not allowing this situation to occur, in addition to the finance companies doing what they thought is accurate and right. But that's besides the human lesson. Do a search here and you'll see how many cases end up with sad endings when the relationship ends, the car is totaled, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back