Store Did Not Charge for Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.

qvp4

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: North Carolina.

I ordered a few items online at Sam's Club and went to the store to pick them up. The policy was to pay online orders at the store. When I went to the store to pick up the online order, they did not charge me for some items. It was the cashier's fault, not mine. I got a call the other day from the manager stating their mistake and wanting me to return to the store to pay for the unpaid products.
i wasn't paying attention to the cost at the time, so didn't notice until the store manager gave me a call. upon hearing the situation, I was all willing to pay for the unscanned items.

When I spoke to the manager to arrage a time for payment, he told me he had filed a police report on it. Is that right? Can he do that before even contacting me and letting me know what is going on?

I am currently infuriated because the store manager got a police report before contacting me and letting me know what is going on. The fault was the cashier's not mine.

How can I refute the police report and can I file charges or take them to court for wrongful filing of the police report?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back