Stopwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

03bolt

I received a ticket on July 22nd heading west bound on 22 by a local Blairsville police officer. The cop was using a stopwatch Model # Sc808 (Distance: .028 Miles | Sec's Timed: 1.34 | Speed Calculated: 75.22 Mph). The posted speed limit is 50 mph, the cop was sitting back behind a building out of view of on coming traffic and out of view of the first white line painted on the road. My question is what is a good way to defend this citation? There has to be a lot of human error in calculating the actual speed…Anyone have experience in dealing with these type tickets in the Commonwealth of PA? Are points transferable from PA to Florida?

Quick Back ground:
I am a student from out of state, attending an automotive technical school in Blairsville (Wyotech). Which for one the locals and the law enforcement do not like, the local magistrate office doesn't take credit cards and they do not have a deferment plan or payment plan of any type. And my understanding PA doesn't accept driving school… I have no means of paying this 165$ fine and I doubt the local magistrate office will reduce it. So I went ahead and entered my plea as not guilty.

Type of Vehicle: 2004 Full Size f-150 long bed
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back