Stopped in Roadway Loading Luggage Into Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriclassic

Alachua County, Florida

Hello,

Well, today I experienced my first traffic infractions after 3 years of safe driving. The title above basically describes it. I made the mistake of picking two friends up in the side of a street and quickly loading luggage to the trunk. Right before turning the engine on to leave, I had a cop on my tail. A very serious officer who's attitude made me sick.

I was given an 154.00 fine under the ACT 316.1945. I did some research of my own and found out that I was fined as moving infraction according to this site:

hxxp://xxx.alachuacounty.us/government/clerk/fines/
*on the left, there is a tab that says "Tables of Traffic Fines"

As a non-moving infraction it would have been 104.00 instead. Do you guys think I have a valid argument here? If so, how would I dispute this?

Also, how would doing the Driver Improvement Course help me reduce the fine and the points assesed to my record?

Thanks a lot.

Additional Notes:

I found this interesting website that describes in detail ACT 316.1945

I found two very interesting lines:

No person shall:

(c) Park a vehicle, whether occupied or not, except temporarily for the purpose of, and while actually engaged in, loading or unloading merchandise or passengers

(4) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

Can I elaborate more on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back