stolen money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

18th of November, late night at 1am, i get a phone call from my aunts ex husband. He told me his car got towed cause he couldnt pay for the gas money and he wanted to get his car back, and asked me for $80, i said i cant im sorry i dont have cash on me, so he said what about your bank card and i said i cant go out this late and my family hate you. (my family situation with him is really bad, they don't even want me talking to him) so he said ok look drop your bank card in your postal and give me your number and i will take out $80. Me and my trusting side said ok fine. So i do that and next day he picks me up from school and says I took all your money out ($760) because he needed it for getting a "good bargain" car and so he said he promised to give me it all back on friday. So wednesday comes by and thats my cheque day , he calls me and says he needs money for food and so on, and i told him its not even friday and you want money? he says yes please ill give it all back on friday. So i give him $400 and so friday comes, i get no call from him, so then saturday comes i call him and he doesnt respond, and on sunday he calls me and tells me he had a "Car accident" and wouldnt be outta the hospital till 2pm tmr. So i wait patiently and next day i call no answer, then another day passes by i call and no answer and then finally today i call and no answer and so i am stuck here today, he literally stole that money and i call the bank to call for fraud but they say sorry its your fault you give your pin number and i am thinking of calling the cops, but i am not sure if they can help with this situation, what do you think i should do guys, this is really serious.

What country are you in?

I have to say, sending him the bank card in the mail was a bad, bad idea and since you let him use the card and foolishly gave him your PIN number, what he did was probably not criminal. You should be able to sue him incourt though for the money he took out.

by the way, I hope you have cancelled this card and closed this account.

Is sueing him worth the money? I mean do i have to get myself a lawyer or can i do it myself and prove it myself? I live in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back