Other Immigration Law stolen emails as evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

kankad

My cousin, who is currently on H-1B visa, got divorced recently. He realized that his wife installed some spyware on his laptop and copied all the emails sent or accessed on that laptop. Can she use these emails to report on him to immigration that he worked out-of-status for a couple of months before his H-1B came thru. She is trying to extort money by threatening him.

My cousin, who is currently on H-1B visa, got divorced recently. He realized that his wife installed some spyware on his laptop and copied all the emails sent or accessed on that laptop. Can she use these emails to report on him to immigration that he worked out-of-status for a couple of months before his H-1B came thru. She is trying to extort money by threatening him.

She would have to prove that he sent the emails.

Anyone that used that computer could have sent the emails.

She MIGHT have sent the emails.

The emails might be "doctored".

My recommendation is that YOUR FRIEND stop communicating with this person.

Even if the emails are GENUINE, what she's doing is illegal.

Extortion in this country is illegal, as is blackmail!

Both of them should move on, and your friend should say no more about this to anyone, unless immigration asks.

If they come around, he should say he wants a lawyer.

Then he should hire one, and let the lawyer defend him.

He should admit nothing, say nothing, and stop communicating with this crazy woman.

If you want to help, you might tell the woman that BLACKMAIL and EXTORTION are illegal.

Then let it go, just let it go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back