Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Stole Things. Got Caught. Have Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

I am 16 on the date of [4)]

Here is what happened.
1) Went to Store, Stole 60 USD (Game). Left. Didn't get Caught
2) Went to Store again. Stole 60 USD (Game). Left. Didn't get Caught.
3) Same.
4) Same, but got caught.

What happened after [4)]:

I was taken by the Loss Prevention. They took me into the surveillance room. My mother was waiting in the car so she was called by the Loss Prevention. They told my mother that I was shoplifting. I tried to be as cooperative as I can.
They said they saw me on the camera for [2)] and [3)] before as well (didn't tell me the reason for not stopping me). They told me to return the items I took from before. My mother left because she needed to take care of my brother, so my father came.

Later, they called the police. I DID NOT get taken to jail. The police just said about some things I don't really understand, something about larceny... The Police also said that the boss (of the store, i assume) wanted to prosecute me for [charge] (I didn't quite catch it). The Loss Prevention also said I'll need to pay for the security fees. And we left so I returned the items, along with the [1)].

My questions are:
1) Will I go to jail? What are the possibilities?
2) How will this affect my future?
3) This is my first time getting CAUGHT. Will my previous items stolen affect the trail?
4) They told my mother I was shoplifting... The police said something about larceny... I found petty theft as a similar crime... just what crime did I commit?

Also, PLEASE give me SUGGESTIONS of WHAT to DO

Thanks!
I have no idea what I was thinking... Now that i think about it... I never really thought to myself what the penalties might be for shoplifting... I wish I can rewind time...

Sorry for the Lack of Information.

This happened in California
This happened in a private company store
I do not have a lawyer (planning to get one if necessary)
I have the money to pay for most of the penalty
However, I am trying to NOT get in jail

Thanks.

Not likely on 1st offense
2) How will this affect my future?
If convicted you will have a criminal record that will always be there. You need to ask your Attorney about diversion as plea option
3) This is my first time getting CAUGHT. Will my previous items stolen affect the trail?
Very likley yes in fact if they wish they can file felony charges because of the prior thefts
4) They told my mother I was shoplifting... The police said something about larceny... I found petty theft as a similar crime... just what crime did I commit?
They are about same. Like I said your lucky its not felony burglary. If you want to help yourself before court enroll in an Anti Shoplifting course such as the NASP

If I were you I would hope and pray the DA does not opt to go with felony charges. If thats case forget Diversion and say hello to Bubba

[quote="Admin"
Very likley yes in fact if they wish they can file felony charges because of the prior thefts
[/b][/quote]

So what are the charges for felony in this case?
Is there any way to counter the charge? Because I was never caught doing it...

Thanks.

Admin said:
If there is evidence of the prior theft(s) or you have admitted to such burglary charges "could" be filed

What are the charges? (I have admitted to them. They also have video evidence, or so they claim.)
What do you mean by "could"?

Sorry for all the questions...

Admin said:
Not likely on 1st offense

Admin said:
They "could" file felony charges

Will it increase my possibility of going to jail if they file felony charges for my previous incidents?

Has anything like this happened before? Because I want to argue that I wasn't caught in the past, so they should only charge me mainly based on the current incident...

Thanks.

In History, what was the LOWEST punishment for FIRST OFFENSE Juvenile Grand Theft?
The First Offense mean that no other criminal record for anything else.

I was just wondering.
Thanks.

Ive prosecuted for $1.25, it was the 17 year olds 4th offense. It turned into a felony charge and he ended up in jail.

What are the possibilities of me getting kicked out of my school?
Are there any ways to avoid being kicked out?

Thanks.

You love the questions with no answers dont you!? If your school finds out Prosecution or not they can decide to take action. You can certainly fight any action. We cannot say if they will remove you or how to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back