Medical Malpractice stillborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripjaidan

last year i suffered th eloss of my baby boy. I was scheduled to see my doctor for my 7 month check up. unfortunately my doctor had been called to labor and delivery and all of his patients were told to either wait an unknown amount of time or reschedule. After waiting about 40 minutes, i decided to reschedule. This happened for the next two weeks, in between this time frame, I had been calling in and complaining of odd pains that seemed to be contractions, but by it being my first pregnancy I was not sure. Two more weeks went by and when i was finally able to see my doctor, my son's heart had stopped. Is this to be considered negligent?

last year i suffered th eloss of my baby boy. I was scheduled to see my doctor for my 7 month check up. unfortunately my doctor had been called to labor and delivery and all of his patients were told to either wait an unknown amount of time or reschedule. After waiting about 40 minutes, i decided to reschedule. This happened for the next two weeks, in between this time frame, I had been calling in and complaining of odd pains that seemed to be contractions, but by it being my first pregnancy I was not sure. Two more weeks went by and when i was finally able to see my doctor, my son's heart had stopped. Is this to be considered negligent?

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

It may depend on the reason his heart stopped, but I don't believe there's a case for negligence. Unplanned labor and delivery is the nature of your doctor's business, and for most ob/gyns this results in many rescheduled appointments.

The pains could have been Braxton-Hicks contractions, and the doctor or nurse to whom you spoke probably assumed so.

As it says in my signature, I'm not a lawyer, so I suggest you consult with an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back