Medical Malpractice Statute of Limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imasensibleper2

I'm a victim. A victim of an act of laziness. I just found out nine years later. The statute of limitations says two years. I found out Feb. 14, 2003.
Appearance: My arm is grotesquely disfigured.
Actual: The left arm suffered a fracture above the elbow and a compound wrist fracture.
Malpractice: Fracture above elbow was missed, causing a gunstock deformaty. The compound wrist fracture did not heal correctly.
Those are the facts.
What ARE my limitations?

This is not a joke. Now I cannot join any affiliation such as the Coast Guard, Army, Navy or Airforce. Now I must pay a college tuition and more. I was heeded by the doctor who found the malpractice not to even lift weights. My arm is that disfigured.
Why should I have to pay?
What can I do?
SB

Originally posted by Imasensibleper2:
I'm a victim. A victim of an act of laziness. I just found out nine years later. The statute of limitations says two years. I found out Feb. 14, 2003.
Appearance: My arm is grotesquely disfigured.
Actual: The left arm suffered a fracture above the elbow and a compound wrist fracture.
Malpractice: Fracture above elbow was missed, causing a gunstock deformaty. The compound wrist fracture did not heal correctly.
Those are the facts.
What ARE my limitations?

This is not a joke. Now I cannot join any affiliation such as the Coast Guard, Army, Navy or Airforce. Now I must pay a college tuition and more. I was heeded by the doctor who found the malpractice not to even lift weights. My arm is that disfigured.
Why should I have to pay?
What can I do?
SB
Hmmm... tough to say. Personal injury attorneys typically take cases on contingency fees and I don't want to tell you that your case is stale without knowing all the details. It is possible that you are far beyond the statute of limitations and unless there is something to toll it you might be out of luck. The law doesn't want to have cases that are many years old because memories do fade and important facts and testimony is usually not as available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back