Medical Malpractice Statute of limitations start and exception of the Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda1863

I have had 4 epidural procedures requiring c-section operations 1 was a tubal ligation 3 were full term pregnancies. After the 2nd one I had lower back pain not knowing why, I couldn't stand for a very long time without major pain, I have listened to other mothers who have had the same procedures done complain about back pain the same as I had, it was 1998 and my last one was 2003, now I am older and it's gotten worse, I told the des about it but nothing was done take Tylenol and put hot packs on it. Even though 11years latter it's worse, approximately 1 1/2 years ago I finally got the dr to order a MRI of my back I started having pain on my left side hip and down my leg, dr's nurse practitioner got an x-Ray and said I have arthritis, then ordered a MRI and physical thereby which didn't help. dr called me said I have a bulged disk hitting the thecal sac that's causing my pain. Thats all she said. Since then I have had another MRI confirming 1st diagnosis. My question is even though this process took place from 1993 to 2003, and just now getting the drs to cooperate to get the tests I needed, would there be any exception to the rule of statute of limitations to start running at the time of diagnosis? With the proof of the MRI showing in the L5-S1 bulge disc extending into the ventral epidural compartment. I have been doing a research on this and many other women have experienced the same kinda of pain that I'm going through, which to me makes sense it's due to the epidural given for the c/ sections. Is there a good chance of proceeding with a claim? Thank you for your time

For your protection and safety, I removed your email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Statute of limitations aside, the biggest issue you're facing is this:

There are complications associated with all surgical procedures. A bad outcome does not mean there was malpractice.

The other problem is that I doubt you'll get a physician willing to narrow the cause down to a single, specific event.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back