1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

statute of limitations parking tickets

Discussion in 'Parking Tickets, Towing, Impound' started by har66, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. har66

har66 Law Topic Starter New Member

10 years ago when living in Chicago I recieved 3 parking tickets that I never paid. Now Chicago has hired a law firm to track me down in California to collect $270. I'm not the terrible person it sounds like, they were for not having a front license plate!
    Of course the threats are to garnish wages,... put this on my credit report,...etc.
    Is there not a statute of limitations on these types of things? can they affect my credit report at this late time? (I thought not after 7 years)

2. seniorjudge

seniorjudge Super Moderator

Q: Is there not a statute of limitations on these types of things?

A: Yes and it stopped running the instant you got the ticket.

Q: can they affect my credit report at this late time?

A: Yes.

3. lwpat

lwpat Moderator

They can put it on your credit report but you can have it taken off. You can ignore them. They are not coming to CA to sue you and CA will not suspend your drivers license.

4. seniorjudge

seniorjudge Super Moderator

This is good to know. I always fear that my old parking tickets I got in [name of city deleted] when I was going to [name of law school deleted] will pop up.

I mean...my FRIEND's tickets.

:angel