Statute of limitations for providing alcohol to a minor

T

TommyPickles

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Hello,

I am wondering what the statute of limitations for providing a minor with alcohol? I unknowingly did this at a party a couple years ago when a neighbors 19yr old showed up.

Thank you,
Thomas

The likelihood that law enforcement will act on a party that happened several years ago is extremely remote. Is there a reason you think they might still care?

The likelihood that law enforcement will act on a party that happened several years ago is extremely remote. Is there a reason you think they might still care?
I recently was in an argument with the neighbor and her aunt, who just moved in,was yelling at me about this situation that happened 2 years ago.

I recently was in an argument with the neighbor and her aunt, who just moved in,was yelling at me about this situation that happened 2 years ago.
I was trying to find a site for Arizona Regarding this matter. Any suggestions? I keep getting routed to attorneys? There is not a case or anything. Thanks

You need not worry, because huffing, puffing, and threatening is all she's got.

Anyone can say anything, ignore what's said.

Walk away, because two years later there is no proof.

Its just another spitting contest.

Make your life easier, just walk away, avoid any arguments.

Besides, no one wins any of those spitting contests, ever!!!

I was trying to find a site for Arizona Regarding this matter.

ARS 4-241 - Q. A person who is of legal drinking age and who is an occupant of unlicensed premises is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor if both of the following apply:
1. The person knowingly allows a gathering on such unlicensed premises of two or more persons who are under the legal drinking age and who are neither:
(a) Members of the immediate family of such person.
(b) Permanently residing with the person.
2. The person knows or should know that one or more of the persons under the legal drinking age is in possession of or consuming spirituous liquor on the unlicensed premises.

ARS 13-107 - B - Except as otherwise provided in this section and section 28-672, prosecutions for other offenses must be commenced within the following periods after actual discovery by the state or the political subdivision having jurisdiction of the offense or discovery by the state or the political subdivision that should have occurred with the exercise of reasonable diligence, whichever first occurs:
2. For a misdemeanor, one year.

Had your crime been reported on a timely basis and had the state been able to prove that you knew or should have known that he was under legal age you could have faced up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $2500 (ARS 13-707).

Looks like you dodged a bullet.

Beyond that, I agree with Army Judge that you should avoid spitting contests with neighbor. It's no shame to shut up and walk away.

The likelihood of ever facing prosecution for this essentially ended once everyone sobered up.
Otherwise, the SOL was likely one year.

Back