Parole, Probation Statue Of Limitation For Misdemeanor Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaPaSa

My jurisdiction is: Osceola County, Florida

I was sentenced to 1 year probation and only reported once to my P.O. because he left his position for whatever reason. Nobody contacted me as to who my new P.O. was, so I didn't know who to report to. They had all of my contact information. I was told that my new P.O was going to contact me and let me know what to do. I never received a call or received any mail from probation, I've called myself but couldn't get past the answering machine. I've left numerous messages but never received further instructions as to who to report to. So time past and I checked the status of my probation to find that a warrant has been issued out for a VOP. My question " Is there a statue of limitation on a misdemeanor VOP warrant or will the warrant exist until an arrest is made?" I don't know what to do, whether to turn myself in or not because either way an arrest is going to take place and I'm going to stay in their custody until I go in front of a judge at which time he may deny me bail and schedule me to come back 2 weeks to a month. Is there an argument that I can bring up in my defense to keep me from going to jail? A withhold of adjudication was given if that helps explain the seriousness of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back