Statue of Lilitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas

Statue of Limitations
I have a small business of my own and have had bad dealing with one paticualr vender. Several years ago (3yr.6mo.) at minimum I ceased using this business for my supplier on the bases that I felt they had stated I was indebted to the for the rough sum of 11K. Do understand I also had filled bankruptsy on this company about a 6 months before. I was placed on a cash only sales, and had no problem paying this way. The owners son (ex-con) would deliver ordered goods to my place of business and collect payment at time of delivery. After a few months had passed I recieved a call from the owner requesting that I pay for the $11,000.00 or so in rears. I was at the least shocked for I had been on a strict C.O.D. purhase. I ceased all business with this company at that very moment. I had another supplier in another state that now has become my sole provider.
I have asked the accusing company to produce all invoicese and reciepts showing their prove on many attempts over the last several years and each time I get a different amount along with (finaly) copies of invoices that most have no signature form me or my business. And some hand printed charges that have no recipt or invoice copy.
Finaly, just the other day I recived a letter from an attorny out of Tulsa stating thatI was going to be sued and possibaly have a lein place on my property and such, if I did not contact this person and pay or make arrangment to pay now $17,218.58 by the 16th of July 2007. Also that I would be liable for all attorney, court and other related costs.
Now my question would be; would the Statue of Limitations have passed for this person to sue?

At little background on the business trying to collect, if realivent. The son (ex-con) originaly owner the business and had at one time been caught double invoicing on cash accounts by the mother company out of MO. The mother company was getting invoice on customers that had no established accounts. He later was forced to surrender the business for unknown reasons. His father, the noe persuing collector was able to purchase the business assuming the son would not be allowed acess to the property. Useless as it was, he was caught several times loading products from the wharehouse to sell in order to supply his coke habit. Even to the means of breaking into the company safe. He was caught on several attempts, so most of what I say has prove. The son has been in prison or jail for most of the past 6 years. The company had also fired two (2) receptionist for embessling from the company.
I honestly feel that I do no owe the monies this company has requested, and have requested by phone and also in person correct documents to prove what they say.
One last this, I have never signed any legal agreements or requested to have an account from this business. My terms of business was based on paying for my product when it was delivered.

Thanks Chas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back