Starting an online business, can't find a lawyer, need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerChick

Greetings Law Gurus!

I live in S. Florida, my partner and I, we are starting an online business within the gaming industry. We will be a for profit business targeted toward adults. We have what we believe a concise business plan, as far as ideas, model and finances are concerned, of course learning more as time goes on.

My partner lives in Holland and he will be traveling to the U.S. this summer to make all needed legal arrangements for our endeveour. I have tried the bar association to no luck, as no lawyer seems to reply to communications via their websites/email. No luck locally, either.

I understand there are alot of legalities involved in the start of a business, agreement contracts for partnership, website agreement for users, business types, etc.

Simply put I need a lawyer. I assume this would be in the area of Intellectual Property. I seek your answers because I seem to find none on my own at this moment and I rather do this the right way the first time. If a lawyer can please contact me that can help me further, please do so.

I'm not sure if it is wise to have a lawyer in another state, I've never gone through the process of hiring one. So please, I need all the help I can get. Would appreciate it alot, Thanks! :)

PS- I will be offering a service, not a product.

Last edited:
Really, not one answer? Hmm...:confused:

A little more info about us, I am 24 years old and my partner is 38. We have gone through the basic needs, getting a name, buying the domain, hosting, etc. We already have graphic designers working on our logo and some other graphics needed for the site as well.

Spoke with my CPA but he said I needed a lawyer, he couldn't really help me :dunno: .

We are not asking for charity, but merely a point in the right direction. A nudge, if you have lawyer friend in this area in S Fla it wouldnt hurt, either ;)

I thought about just forming the LLC and do the needed copyrighted items myself, but I just don't want anything coming back to me later. And after seeing some of the options in the copyright.org site, I'm not fully familiar with law terminology. Thus the needed legal counseling.

Anyone care to help, please? :beer:... even if its to tell me I posted in the wrong section, just don't want to hear my own echo!

This is my last bump before I give up hope on TheLaw.com

Also, if a staff sees this by any chance, there seems to be an error on the front page. This happens when I try clicking on "Download free legal forms".

Warning: fopen(/home/thelawc/public_html/administrator/components/com_docman/docman.config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/thelawc/public_html/administrator/components/com_docman/classes/DOCMAN_config.class.php on line 119

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare themeConfig::$details_homepage in /home/thelawc/public_html/components/com_docman/themes/default/themeConfig.php on line 36

Tried looking for lawyers in Intellectual Property using your search but "There are 0 listings in this category."

So, this is a bit complicated for me...

Get a free consultation with an attorney in your area (but first check our legal forums for immediate answers! )

Hmm...

There are thousands of attorneys in your area.

Start calling a few of them for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back