Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Stalking Law

Marco Martinez

Jurisdiction
Illinois
what is needed to bring a stalking case to the police? My wife and I divorced and she is driving me crazy I have gone to the police to let them know but they say with out proof they cannot do anything. I showed them some stuff she said under a false profile on facebook and they said if we cannot prove its her they cannot do anything. It seems to me that for a Man to report stalking it takes tons of proof why?

A few month ago she told police that I was texting her some negative things but she lost text and I had he police at my door telling me to leave her alone.

I don't really understand the purpose of your post or what your question means.

The only conduct by your ex that you even remotely described was that she wrote some unknown stuff on Facebook. If you don't like what she wrote on Facebook, you're free to contact Facebook and see if you can get it removed.

Stalking, or cyberstalking, requires that the statements made cause reasonable fear for the victim. It is more than simply saying unwanted things.
With social media there is usually a way to block unwanted contact.
Excessive telephone calls or texts could possibly fall under other statutes for harassment.

Your best option here may be to adjust privacy settings on your social media so this person does not have the means to contact you.

Back