Squatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amtcraft

I want to know what is my recourse on a college student who refused to move from a rental property on the day of the move. I am was named on the lease, the move out date was by Feb. 1, 2006. This student was a family friend who needed a place to stay. The apartment was "home daycare" and I wanted to move transfer into a daycare center. I informed the student a one year, six months and 30 days that I was moving out. Also, the student long ago stop giving me any monies due to unemployement and no financial aid. Everything was done in cash. The last months of November-January the student kept promising to pay me back past rent but never did. I assumed she was saving it to help with relocation. This student bought boxes, disassembled her furniture, boxed some of her itmes and helped me move items. On the last day the student stated they had no where to go and would deal with my rental company. Well, of course the rental company told me if she stayed past the 1st they'd start evict on me. I turnedi n my keys on 1-31-06 and was able to spackle and clean apartment before leaving. But the student refuses to move. I even offered her $800 and to pay for a hotel room for two weeks. She declined offer. What can I do to fight the eviction for being on my record for 10 years? If nothing, then can I take the student to court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back