Consumer Fraud Spoke.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleW

I was wondering if the information is legal that is posted on spokeo.com. I just heard about the website and found my information up there and it had pictures on there that I had uploaded through my email provider to save them and i never marked them as public so I thought that maybe only I should be able to view them and not people who pay some money to see my family pictures. And also are they allowed to post cell phone numbers up on the website since the number is not listed and has been put on the do not call list?

Last edited:
i tried removing my info off the site and there are so many things about me that it wont let me remove all of them because of "Abuse". How is that abuse to remove your private info off a site, i just dont understand?

Write them a letter demanding your personal information be pulled. Give them 5 business days to remove it. If they haven't removed it after the 6th business day tell them you'll file a federal class action lawsuit.

Of course you won't be filing a lawsuit, but see what answer (er, lie) they give you.

Write them a letter demanding your personal information be pulled. Give them 5 business days to remove it. If they haven't removed it after the 6th business day tell them you'll file a federal class action lawsuit.

Of course you won't be filing a lawsuit, but see what answer (er, lie) they give you.

Sounds like a plan I think I'll go ahead and do that. BTW, is there any way that I can request all my info from other sites erased because I have no idea where all this info is coming from?

Last edited:
The information comes from public records. None of it is private.
This is the world we live in today. You can ask that your info be removed from this site, but they aren't required to do so. You will have to go through this with every single site.
Most of them make the user pay for the service before giving the address and phone number... I am surprised this one gives so much for free... I actually find it quite useful and think I might make use of it on the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back