Speeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesrm1995

Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the applicability of speed trap laws governing a military installation as well as how much of an effect and merit does the actions of the MP's have on their credibility? The reason is, I was stopped for speeding on post here at Ft Jackson, SC. After being stopped and waiting in my vehicle for approx., 5 minutes or so, I looked back in my rear-view mirror and saw the two MP's laughing and smiling with each other and occasionally look in my direction. Now for anyone who's familar with the UCMJ, this directly violates ART 91, para. 3, sub-para. b. Elements, para. 3, sub-para. c. Insubordinate conduct towards a Non- Commissioned Officer, In that the accused did certain acts; I.E. laughed and cunducted themselves in an inappropriate manner and were being disrespectful in deportment toward a Non-commissioned officer and that such behavior was used toward and within sight of a Non-Commissioned Officer and that the accused knew that the person toward whom the behavior was directed was a Non-Commissioned Officer. That under the circumstances the accused, by such behavior, treated with contempt and was disrespectful to said noncommissioned officer.
Now, that being said, I did get out of my vehicle and went to the MP vehicle soley in an effort to respectfully ask them if they could expidite the process, being that I was in the process of attempting to get the eyeglasses for one of my soldiers who was atttempting to qualify on the rifle range, I understand that they had a job to do, but could they please try to hurry things along in consideration of my situation. Now they simply instructed me to return to my car, which I did. They called their supervisor who arrived on scene, I got out of my vehicle again and explained my situation and version of events, I was then told to return back to my vehicle and some time later, I recieved my citations. One for speeding, the other for not having the vehicle registration signed. I've since been to the arraignment, the one for not signing the registration was dismissed, but I had to enter a plea for the speeding, which I pled not-guilty.
My case is this; the MP's who wrote me the tickets not only clearly violated the UCMJ, but also conducted themselves in a totally un-proffessional manner, as to bring discredit on the MP CORPS and the US Army, I think this shows a lack of maturity, discipline, and shows a lack of credibility in their ability to carry out their duties as MP's. Furthermore, I've since discussed this with the soldier's supervisor who admitted to me that there have been similar instances with this MP being disrespectful, he assured me that he would councel the soldier and handle it, but tried telling me that it in no way rose to the level of Disrespect nor did it mitigate whether or not I was speeding. Well, I did tell him that I think it did, and I was going to fight it in court.
So, what say you? Just curious as to whether anyone out there has any advice or thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back