Speeding Ticket NY 99mph in 65mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharath

Hi,
I am a Indian Graduate student in Austin, Texas (Texas license). I came here (NY) for the long weekend. I was pulled over by a cop when he asked me the speed I was going at. Since I was driving at 80 - 85, I said it was around it. He said its 99mph and gave me a ticket.

I have been issued a ticket: Speeding (Gen 101) under the subsection 1180D. Also the subsection has a statement that I made "I was going at about 80 (mph)". The ticket also has a section for pleading guilty or not and has to be mailed in a months time.

I am really terrified and would like to know what I can possibly do. How do I identify if it is a reckless driving ticket or not? What will be the repercussions? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Bharath

Get a lawyer! Also find out if NY will report the ticket back to Texas.

Hi,
I am a Indian Graduate student in Austin, Texas (Texas license). I came here (NY) for the long weekend. I was pulled over by a cop when he asked me the speed I was going at. Since I was driving at 80 - 85, I said it was around it. He said its 99mph and gave me a ticket.

I have been issued a ticket: Speeding (Gen 101) under the subsection 1180D. Also the subsection has a statement that I made "I was going at about 80 (mph)". The ticket also has a section for pleading guilty or not and has to be mailed in a months time.

I am really terrified and would like to know what I can possibly do. How do I identify if it is a reckless driving ticket or not? What will be the repercussions? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Bharath

Good advice. You need one and an attorney will be far more likely to be able to negotiate a better deal. Hopefully he'll be able to get this one reduced (assuming your record is relatively clean) to some points and primarily just a nice fine which the state is most interested in receiving more than it is putting more points on your license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back