Speeding Ticket help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricebrandon

Me and two other friends where sitting in a parking lot talking then we decided to go to 7 eleven and get a slurpee. While going there me and a friend decided to beat my other friend there. I got up to 70 in a 35 and i got there first. I then got out of my car and then went into 7 eleven. While in 7 eleven a cop pulled up with his lights on and then stoped some other guy. After he figured out that it wasnt him that was speeding he went into 7 eleven and asked whos car maxima is that out there. I said mine. He then told me that after i got done with my business in 7 eleven that he needed to talk to me. So then i got done and went to talk to him. He then said that he needed to see my license, registration, and insurance. He also got the license from my other 2 friends that were also speeing but not as fast. He then went to his car and did the usual. Then he talked to my other 2 friends and let them go. Then he talked to me and said he was writing me a ticket for 50 in a 35. He said that he clocked me 60 but i call bullshit cause i know i was going 70, so he couldn't of clocked me. He said that he could barely keep up with me. The ticket was 133. But my question is doesnt a cop have to see you in your car with the keys in it, in order to pull you over and give you a ticket. I live in washington so if any one knows anything that can get me out of this , i would really appriciate this. This is my 5th ticket. I defered my 4th and i have until july 7, 2004 not to get a ticket. any thing will help me. thanks

Originally posted by ricebrandon
Me and two other friends where sitting in a parking lot talking then we decided to go to 7 eleven and get a slurpee. While going there me and a friend decided to beat my other friend there. I got up to 70 in a 35 and i got there first. I then got out of my car and then went into 7 eleven. While in 7 eleven a cop pulled up with his lights on and then stoped some other guy. After he figured out that it wasnt him that was speeding he went into 7 eleven and asked whos car maxima is that out there. I said mine. He then told me that after i got done with my business in 7 eleven that he needed to talk to me. So then i got done and went to talk to him. He then said that he needed to see my license, registration, and insurance. He also got the license from my other 2 friends that were also speeing but not as fast. He then went to his car and did the usual. Then he talked to my other 2 friends and let them go. Then he talked to me and said he was writing me a ticket for 50 in a 35. He said that he clocked me 60 but i call bullshit cause i know i was going 70, so he couldn't of clocked me. He said that he could barely keep up with me. The ticket was 133. But my question is doesnt a cop have to see you in your car with the keys in it, in order to pull you over and give you a ticket. I live in washington so if any one knows anything that can get me out of this , i would really appriciate this. This is my 5th ticket. I defered my 4th and i have until july 7, 2004 not to get a ticket. any thing will help me. thanks
Honestly, what would make you think that an officer needs to see you in your car with your keys in it? If he sees you speeding shouldn't that be all that is necessary? Perhaps you are trying to make it sound as though he wasn't sure it was you speeding. Honestly, I don't think you have a case and you should be lucky that you got a ticket for only 50. In court you would have had a very difficult time reducing your tickets and also with your record as a speeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back