Speeding ticket for going 76 in 55MPH zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabney

It has been a bad month and I got a ticket for going 21MPH over the speed limit. That is what the cop says. I don't think I was going anywhere near that fast. I think I might have been on a downhill and my speed was clocked faster than it was. Is there anything I can do? What is the worst thing that could happen with a speeding ticket like this? It is my first speeding ticket.

You might talk to a traffic law attorney to see what he/she might be able to do for you - (what you might be able to do in order to get the ticket reduced/dismissed).

Being on a downhill slope would not effect a radar reading. The devices are really quite accurate.

The good news is that if it is your first citation you likely can request traffic school to keep the citation off your record and not effect your insurance. You will have to pay the fines and the cost of the traffic school, which for 21 over the limit will likely exceed $500.

You may also find that because you were more than 20 over the limit that traffic school may not be an option and you may be required to appear in court. If so, you can try to get a reduction and still request traffic school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back