speeding ticket classified as failure to use due care

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow85

I just received a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago going 59mph in a 50mph on a country road. The officer told me that this would only be a $133.00 fine and wrote that amount on the ticket. The violation that was written on the ticket was "speeding 9 miles over speed limit". Today I went in to pay the fine and sign up for election of traffic school. The citation that came up in the system said failure to use due care with a $166 fine. I have two problems with this. In this county, there is a citation for going up to 9+ miles over speed limit and the fine is $131 (not $133), pluse the officer never wrote down a statute on the ticket. Are these discrepencies worth going to traffic court or should I simply pay the fine? Thanks for any feedback.

The officer could amend the citation to include the proper violation code for the speeding offense listed. You wouldn't likely get far trying to argue it. The officer could have been wrong with the amount listed. Is the $30 difference worth your time and effort to try and fight in court? Probably not.

I just received a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago going 59mph in a 50mph on a country road. The officer told me that this would only be a $133.00 fine and wrote that amount on the ticket. The violation that was written on the ticket was "speeding 9 miles over speed limit". Today I went in to pay the fine and sign up for election of traffic school. The citation that came up in the system said failure to use due care with a $166 fine. I have two problems with this. In this county, there is a citation for going up to 9+ miles over speed limit and the fine is $131 (not $133), pluse the officer never wrote down a statute on the ticket. Are these discrepencies worth going to traffic court or should I simply pay the fine? Thanks for any feedback.

If you want this to go away, investigate taking an online traffic school class.
That will remove the citation (no matter the charge, in YOUR case), and save you much grief, consternation, and distress.

Traffic school will make it all go away, like it never even happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back