Speeding Ticket 79 in 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medusa

I new here on the post. I just got a ticket on US1 south between Cary and Raleigh. It was a speed trap. I know I will need a lawyer, what would be the best outcome for me in this situation at the Wake county courthouse. Live here forever, have not had a ticket in 20 years.

Thanks

Local Lawyer emailed me.

For those of you not familar with the above cities, I am in North Carolina.
Lawyer here said she could rep me for $75. plus 150. court cost. She said the DA here would maybe reduce it down to 69 in a 55, and I woud get a PJC and I would do community service.

I know my case seems trival to some

Well it's not to me. Can someone respond at at least say, yea the way the lawyer said in the above thread is right. Just a little feed back would mean alot. HELLO!!!!!

In your second post you made a statement and did not ask a question. That is why you did not get a reply. In NC you could expect at least a 6 months suspension for this ticket. The PFJ keeps your insurance from going up. PFJ and community service is probably a good deal.

Last edited:
An attorney plea down to a 9 over is probably worst case which will result in no insurance points if you've had no tickets the past 3 years. Save the PJC if possible.

Getting it reduced to a non-moving or dropped if the officer does not show is best case (unlikely).

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies

I thank you both for the input. I will post here in late Febuary to let everyone know the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back