Speeding (74 in 55)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlong28629

I was pulled over by a state trooper in Ashe County, NC (near Glendale Springs). He said I was clocked at 74 mph, which I really do not understand how being that I was following 2 other cars that he said were only doing 65 mph. Anyway, argueing with a trooper isnt going to get me anywhere and would probably land me in jail, I just kept quiet and let him do his job. Being that I was speeding regardless. My question is do I need an attourney to go talk to the district attourney or is this something I can do myself and go for the 9 mph over. The ticket is just for speeding (not RD or anything else). This is my first ticket in 15 years and hopefully this will help my situation. I also cannot use a PFJ being that my wife has used it for the household earlier this year.

Also, will this affect her PFJ?

Thanks in advance for any information.

This will not effect the PFJ. If the prosecutor will not agree to a nine over hire an attorney. NC will suspend your license for a 15+ ticket.

Yes that is what I was thinking and was hoping that would not happen. Thanks for responding. Im just glad it will not mess with her PFJ. Ill post a follow up when I get more information. Thanks again.

Well the District Attourney has offered me 2 options: reduce the ticket to 9 mph over or go get my speedometer claibrated and they will reduce the ticket to malfunctioning equipment. I am not sure if the second option would raise my insurance or not but the ticket is actually more expensive than the speeding ticket. Thanks for the advice lwpat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back