Sons picture was posted on a Facebook page/slandered

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2cmm

hello my son is 2 and his photo was placed on a fb bashing page because I didntageagree with them on a subject about a ugly child. he has medical issues and fhey placed on page that ineeded to feedhim cause he is skinny. they also placed a picture of him in his carseat and said I was a bad parent cause he was not hooked in they also told me to take a ssi check and get a hair cut... is there anything I can do to get them down? they got his pictures from his cdh journey page and it clearly states on page that nobody can use photos without parental permission. I have asked many times for page to come down Nd I get laughed at. PLEASE HELP

hello my son is 2 and his photo was placed on a fb bashing page because I didntageagree with them on a subject about a ugly child. he has medical issues and fhey placed on page that ineeded to feedhim cause he is skinny. they also placed a picture of him in his carseat and said I was a bad parent cause he was not hooked in they also told me to take a ssi check and get a hair cut... is there anything I can do to get them down? they got his pictures from his cdh journey page and it clearly states on page that nobody can use photos without parental permission. I have asked many times for page to come down Nd I get laughed at. PLEASE HELP

Report the FB page. And alter your settings.

As others have said, report the Facebook page. From what you're saying, the pictures being posted seem to be in clear violation of Facebook's terms of use. You may want to look them over and then, in your missive to Facebook, cite the violations of the Facebook terms of use to make it easy for them to take down the photos and any defamatory or demeaning content.

You need to report this to FB however they will react slowly to be certain. You still might have an issue as these same photos could be posted elsewhere. How did they get these photos? Your answer could be your key to a solution

Re how they got the photos - the OP's post notes: "they got his pictures from his cdh journey page and it clearly states on page that nobody can use photos without parental permission."

they got his pictures from his cdh journey page and it clearly states on page that nobody can use photos without parental permission.

That means absolutely nothing and is not enforceable. The photos are apparently not copyrighted and they were in public domain for anyone to access and do with as they please.

If Facebook has terms of use that prevent people from using photos of other people then they might enforce that, but I wouldn't count on it. People on Facebook share pictures all the time that don't belong to them.

The real solution here is to not make your photos publicly accessible to begin with.

so they can make fun of him because he is gtube fed and I have reported the page my pics and get anywhere.

You need to go ahead & report them to facebook as suggested previously. They may delete them due to their terms of use. It's certainly worth a try.

I'm not sure if you're saying in your last post you have now reported the page/pictures to fb -- if so, see if fb removes.

Last edited:
so they can make fun of him because he is gtube fed and I have reported the page my pics and get anywhere.

Yes, they absolutely can. It might be immoral, but not illegal.
Personally, I don't expect your complaint will go far. It its much more simple to ignore the silly things people do and focus on the things you actually have control over.

Unfortunately, the internet is a hostile place, contrary to the sunshine and lollipop view some people have of sites like Facebook. The number of violations that occur daily, make it a monstrous task to attempt to actually comply with the rules sites like that have. Therefore, they simply ignore them sometimes. We all sympathize with you. Frankly, one of the reasons I seldom go out in public is because on some days I know I look like a freak show, trying to move with malfunctioning arms and legs, coupled with uncontrollable shaking. If you wish to photo share with your friends online, I suggest you do so from within locked photo vaults on another site. If you are patient, these whack jobs will move on to other victims and your child's photos will wander off into obscurity more than likely. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back