Something I'd like to share...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arphoto

Recently a friend of mine was parked in front of a bar with a few friends. He is 19 and so were they. They were standing on the sidewalk talking to some friends. After the conversation, they got back in the car and drove away. A policeman followed them and pulled him over stating he had not one, but FOUR flat tires. Ok, reason to believe they may have been drinking and a way to get them to pull over. After further inspection, he realized the car was riding low due to 3 people in the backseat. :rolleyes: The officer then told him he couldnt see if his brake lights were working. My friend told him, probably because the salt on the roads "fogged" them. He got out of the car and wiped them clean.:yes: Hmm, then the officer gave him (for whatever reason) a sobriety test. He passed! He then sited him for not wearing corrective lenses (which he should have been). I found out later from the Commander that not wearing glasses is a major offense. OK, then why wasnt it discovered immediately? He did ask for his license and should have seen that. I asked the Commander if he had been wearing his glasses, what would he have been sited for next and how long does this type of thing go on until they find something?? He didnt respond.

The stop wasn't legal to begin with. If your friend were to attack that, he wouldn't have to fight the original ticket.

What I'm saying, by law, if the stop was not proper, all evidence can be excluded. It would be impossible to get a conviction if the judge throws out everything AFTER the stop.

I asked the Commander if he had been wearing his glasses, what would he have been sited for next and how long does this type of thing go on until they find something?? He didnt respond

PRICELESS! I love it lol. :coolio: Excellent job arphoto.

Rules you should know to protect yourself from the police:

Rule #1 - Never talk to a police officer. Keep your mouth shut! (You never have to answer any questions a police officer may ask, except for your name, address and date of birth.)

Rule #2 - Never talk to a police officer. Keep your mouth shut! (How can you be charged with something if you haven't said anything?) Remember anything you say or do can be used against you.

Rule #3 - "Am I Free to Go?" As soon as a police officer ask you a question, ask the police officer, "Am I Free to Go?" If you are detained or arrested by a police officer, tell them that you are going to remain silent and that you would like to see a lawyer.

Rule #4 - Safety. Never bad-mouth a police officer. Stay calm and in control of your words, body language and your emotions. Always keep your hands where the police officer can see them. Don't run away and never touch a police officer!

Rule #5 - Refuse to Consent to Searches. Just say NO to searches! Remember if the police didn't need your permission, they wouldn't be asking you. Never give permission to a police officer to search you, your car or your home. If a police officer does search you, don't resist!

Rule #6 - Ask for a Supervisor. If all else fails and you feel the police officer is abusing your rights, ask him to call his "supervisor" to your location.

Arphoto, you may find this interesting:

You usually will be required to show the usual documentation, such as your driver's license, registration and proof of insurance. You don't have to open your window more than a crack to hand it out.

On traffic stops the police usually will ask you "personal" questions such as, where are you going, where have you been, who did you see, how long did you visit, ect. At that point it's the perfect time to exercise your RIGHTS by asking the police officer, "AM I FREE TO GO?" There is NO legal requirement that citizens provide information about their comings and goings to police officers! Another words it's none of the police officers damn business! If you are ordered out of your car, lock the door behind you.

Remember that the officer is not trying to be your buddy and become a new friend, they are on a "fishing expedition" to find something against you! They have nothing criminal on you, so they're looking for anything while they have you pulled over.

If lived within 100 miles, that cop would be working at Walmart, your friend would be driving a cuiser. And I do it for free just because it is a big pile of dung, and the stench overbearing.

I got pulled over because the left turn light was yellow and I went through. The cop pulled me over and I stopped. I was so scared about my driving record I said a friends name. The officer wrote the ticket in his name for Disobey Traffic Siginal, Careless Driving, and Vision Obstruction. Is there anything I can do or is it just better to pay my friends ticket. MICHIGAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back