Someone stole my identity and took all my money from the bank

intrstating

Dear Sir,

Two years ago, My mother in law asked me to divorce my wife but I refused that because I was under threatening from her two sons. Then, My ex-wife , my ex-brothers in law (Wifes' brothers) and her mum sued me. They claimed that I were threatening my ex-wife. After that, I was shocked that day when Police came to my work and took me to custody.

I am innocent of the charge. In court, it was discovered that they have lied. but the judge was worried about her safety. After that, The judge asked me to take a program (Classes) and Also, he said to me not to approach from her or her family.

I agreed on that and I agreed to divorce her too.

I had a joint account with my ex-wife at Bank of America. The Account had thousands of dollars.

When I was in custody for one week, My ex-wife she went to the Bank of America and took all the money in that account that not all belongs to her & she closed the account without me. I dont know how bank of America closed the account while I were in custody without take my signature and looking to my ID. I think someone stole my identity and went with her and took all the money and closed the account.

I ended without any money right now. They took all my money.

I dont know what to do.

I'm worry that My ex-brothers in law they are going to sue me again If I request my money.

Could you please advice me to solve my issue with my money. What Should I do if I know someone pretends to be me in Bank of America?

I really dont know what to do. Please Help.

Thanks

Well, first of all you should have posted this in the correct place - this area is NOT for legal questions.

I don't think there is a problem if an account holder withdraws money from a joint account and then closes the account.

So have you started divorce proceedings? Sounds like you need to get an attorney involved ASAP.

Dear Sir,

Two years ago, My mother in law asked me to divorce my wife but I refused that because I was under threatening from her two sons. Then, My ex-wife , my ex-brothers in law (Wifes' brothers) and her mum sued me. They claimed that I were threatening my ex-wife. After that, I was shocked that day when Police came to my work and took me to custody.

I am innocent of the charge. In court, it was discovered that they have lied. but the judge was worried about her safety. After that, The judge asked me to take a program (Classes) and Also, he said to me not to approach from her or her family.

I agreed on that and I agreed to divorce her too.

I had a joint account with my ex-wife at Bank of America. The Account had thousands of dollars.

When I was in custody for one week, My ex-wife she went to the Bank of America and took all the money in that account that not all belongs to her & she closed the account without me. I dont know how bank of America closed the account while I were in custody without take my signature and looking to my ID. I think someone stole my identity and went with her and took all the money and closed the account.

I ended without any money right now. They took all my money.

I dont know what to do.

I'm worry that My ex-brothers in law they are going to sue me again If I request my money.

Could you please advice me to solve my issue with my money. What Should I do if I know someone pretends to be me in Bank of America?

I really dont know what to do. Please Help.

Thanks

If you believe someone perpetrated a fraud upon your bank, thereby allowing the fraudster to escape with thousands of your dollars you should report the matter to your local police department and your bank.

By definition, a joint account is one that is held by more than one person, with each individual having the rights to deposit and withdraw funds. Unless you had the account set up in some way that it required both signers to withdraw funds (which is unusual in the case of personal accounts) any authorized signer on the account could take out the funds and close the account. Nobody would have to impersonate you in order to allow the other owner of the account to access the funds.

There is a LOT missing from this story, but if you had a joint account the money was as much hers as yours. No one needed to pose as you.

If it was a joint account, each account holder can make withdrawals, make deposits, close the account....... all without the other account holder's signature.

I am shocked at the number of folks that have stated a Joint Checking or Saving account can be closed by one spouse. Most banks require BOTH to sign to close the account.

Well one person can withdraw all of the money which would have effectively "closed" the account.

Well one person can withdraw all of the money which would have effectively "closed" the account.

I've seen ONE person withdraw ALL of the money and more using the built in WITHDRAWAL protection or line of credit.

If a relationship gets rocky, a person might be wise to open his or her SINGLE account.

I am shocked at the number of folks that have stated a Joint Checking or Saving account can be closed by one spouse. Most banks require BOTH to sign to close the account.

I've worked in banking for 35 years and generally the rule is that ANY owner of a joint account can close the account without the other owner's signature; however, one owner cannot remove another owner from the account without that person's permission.

Back