sold my mobile home, seller text me saying he wanted to give it back

mm gg

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I just sold my mobile home yesterday. I met with the young man that was interested in buying it. I showed him all the upgrades I had done to the mobile home. He seemed to really like it. Of course, I did not pressure him at all in making a decision. He had gone to see it with his father. We gave him and his dad privacy to talk it over. Also, I mentioned if he wanted to take a few days to think about it was fine with me. After a few minutes, the gentleman and his father step outside and tell me he wants to buy it from me. I signed the title over to him and he paid me in full, cash. I gave him the keys to the home and to the mailbox. He proceeds to text me later that evening saying I could have my mobile home back. My question is: If he has paid me in full and I have signed the title over to him, I am obligated to return his money and take my mobile home back?

I just sold my mobile home yesterday. I met with the young man that was interested in buying it. I showed him all the upgrades I had done to the mobile home. He seemed to really like it. Of course, I did not pressure him at all in making a decision. He had gone to see it with his father. We gave him and his dad privacy to talk it over. Also, I mentioned if he wanted to take a few days to think about it was fine with me. After a few minutes, the gentleman and his father step outside and tell me he wants to buy it from me. I signed the title over to him and he paid me in full, cash. I gave him the keys to the home and to the mailbox. He proceeds to text me later that evening saying I could have my mobile home back. My question is: If he has paid me in full and I have signed the title over to him, I am obligated to return his money and take my mobile home back?

If things are EXACTLY as you say, and you are in full compliance with the law in your state, you have no legal obligation to return the buyer's money. By the way, his money is now YOUR money.

My question is: If he has paid me in full and I have signed the title over to him, I am obligated to return his money and take my mobile home back?

Hell, no.

Don't even talk to him anymore. Talking only makes you trouble.

Oh, make sure you file the proper sold notice to the DMV or whatever titles mobile homes in your state. Keep a copy in your permanent file. If you do it online take a screen shot of the page and save it to your computer.

PS: Congratulations on being smart enough to take cash in full when you sold it.

Back