Domestic Violence & Civil Orders So many questions.

Shadow86

Jurisdiction
Utah
Idk how to really word this but here goes. My wife and I had a DV issue about a week ago. As usual got a pre trial no contact. Broke it. But I'm not in jail… yet. Turns out the police have been monitoring my wife and everything she does. They're making her work with them because she won't testify against me. Sadly, she's doing every single thing they told her to do, and I believe it hasn't helped me at all. Hurt me more even perhaps. Can I get new charges? Can they increase a MB to a felony? I fear they might try to make me do 10 years or some crap for a slap. They've been trying to entrap me, a few times. I've ended contact with her for a few days now but I fear it's too late and they may already have too much. Cause I exchanged numerous messages with who I believed was my wife, though I really don't think I said too much incriminating. Most of it was please come home, I miss you baby, I love you blah blah. But I did discuss with her a bit about what happened that night. Also, I can't possibly imagine what they're lingering over her head to make her cooperate. The only possibly thing is possession of marijuana, we're both avid smokers. Considering she's 27 and has never even had so much as a parking ticket, they probably threatened her with jail time to make her cooperate, and she's scared shitless. Little did she know, she probably wouldn't even step inside a jail cell. Is she required to cooperate? Does she have a choice? If she already agreed can she back out? Where can I go from here? My wife has all the funds, so I can't hire an attorney. I have to wait for a public defender and I might be in jail far too long before I take this to trial. I do have one, I believe incredibly strong, piece of evidence. But idk if it's enough. They however, should have little evidence other than peoples "word".

Watch this video. Then stop talking. To anybody. And stay off the internet. If you are going to get arrested there is nothing you can do to prevent it. No amount of talking will prevent it. All talking does is get you convicted.

When that day comes all you say is "I want a lawyer." That's all you say, and you say it over and over again. No matter how many hours you sit in that room while the police try to take advantage of the stupidity that you have been exhibiting until now.

DON'T TALK TO POLICE - Professor James Duane - YouTube

When that day comes all you say is "I want a lawyer."

The aforementioned sentence is a MAGICAL, MYSTICAL phrase.

Agreed, after uttering the magical incantation, it must be repeated, over and over.

If the speaker says ANYTHING other than the magical phrase, he/she/it breaks the spell. He/she/it subjects itself to decades of misery, incarceration, etc...

Once the subject has learned the phrase, uses it properly, IT possesses the ability to preserve one of it's greatest assets =
FREEDOM!!!

Back