So if it isn't defamation, what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrktosrviv

I work for a company that contracts and works very closely with an airline company. Sometime ago I was planning a trip out of the country and an airline employee offered to sell me tickets at a significantly lower price using her benefits. She got all my information including the information of my wife and children. This is neccessary for acquiring airline tickets-discounted or not. I later found I could be terminated if I purchased them from her so I thanked her and declined the favor. She became upset, as she was anticipating a huge profit from the tickets she was selling me. In the following months she told numerous workers she was being stalked by my wife which was untrue. She began a rumor that she had been mugged and beaten and later I found out that she was telling co-workers that I was a likely suspect. I recently found that she had run into a 5' concrete post. The worst thing is that when she got all my personal information she realized my oldest child does not carry my last name. She investigated (she is very resourceful) and found that my oldest child is not my biological child. Something my wife and I were not ready to explain to our children. This lady then contacted a few of my co-workers and their spouses (she is also VERY social) and told them all of my "family secret". One of the spouses made me aware of it and also informed me that the news was spread via e-mail. She used the airline companies resources to air my personal situation to my co-workers and their spouses!!
She then formally accused me of harrassment and numerous other wrong doings in the workplace. This led to an investigation where she requested that the course of action be termination. I was able to acquire the e-mail regarding my family and turned that in as evidence that she has a vendetta against me. She immediately retracted her formal complaint and the investigation is over.I was never even told the in vestigation was closed. However, after I asked what was going to be done, I was told (by both companies) that if I even so much as look at her in any way that makes her uncomfortable I will be terminated if she files a complaint. What can I do? Do I have ANY rights? I am not the only one she has done things of this nature to. How could they let her retract her statement just because the case would have shown she was the one at fault? I am at a loss! My company is allowing her to attack me for fear of losing their contract. Her company has looked the other way at the fact that she used their computers to spread very personal information about me. I even provided them with the e-mails where she mentions that she was having an issue with another person from my company regarding her selling them airline tickets. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!! My job is now on the line and she brags on a daily basis about it to others. What can I do?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back