Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse so-called drug posession charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannahbutterfly

I was pulled over for speeding in 2003 and was ticketed. I paid the ticket. There were 2 cops that pulled me over and they smelled marijuana in the car. They asked me if they could search the car and I said yes, and they didn't find the bud. Then they searched my purse without asking and found it there. They did not arrest me for possession, I was let go with a ticket and a promise that I would "get a letter in the mail about this from the county" in about 2 weeks.

Here it is 5 years later, and I was speeding again, got pulled over and was going to get to go free but all of a sudden a warrant comes up for this same violation from 2003.:confused: My question is: if they wanted to arrest me for this, why didn't they do it in 2003? How come I never received a letter, after 5 years?

I spoke to my aunt about this, who is a police officer, and she said it sounds like the cops were dirty and took my bud, then realized they could get in trouble for having it without doing a report on it, so they did the report afterwards and charged me with possession. That is totally unfair. She told me that I should just deny ever having the bud, because they can't prove that I did. If they wanted to arrest me that night for possession (which they should have), they would have, and it doesn't make sense for the warrant to come back in 5 years. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back