Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft so called caught stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioman411

hello i am looking for advice regarding theft...here is my story.

I work for a clothing store in the mall and i have been working there for 3 years. so to the story i was working one night and there was a so called cop or lets say rent a cop that came in for an overnight to watch a cleaning staff. He was there for about an hour or two before all of us employees left the store. Not thinking anything I just grabbed my stuff coat and bookbag, i usually go to work right after work so i always have my book bag with me, i keep my lunch in there and medication i need through out the day. so anyways we are leaving the store and the manager asks to see all of our bags. this being normal i let her look in mine and she takes out 3 bottles of cologne and tells everyone else to go . we go into the office and she asks if i took them. i reply with no. i have never stole anything from there and never would. the rent a cop then basically tries to scare me to admit that i did but i know i didnt. He tries to say i watched you with my own eyes put them in my bag ect..... I however know for a fact that i did not and believe that possibly i was being set up by someone. Also i noticed the next day that a $200 gift card i had in my bag was stolen. I would like to know what could happen. i can tell you that there are no cameras to show that i so called stole, i never left the store, so the merchandise was not taken, the rent a cop supposibly saw me take them, but im wondering if he did see me take them why didnt he confront me right away? that would make sense wouldnt it ? I am suppose to meet with the companies lose prevention in two days, i have never admitted to stealing nor will I. the items total 150 dollars. what can i do and what should i do ?

Hire a lawyer.

You must realize, however, that your story is so old it has whiskers and arthritis.

You didn't do it so try not to worry. I don't think they can get you with anything. If they did, they wouldn't call you in for a meeting. They want to investigate further. Don't meet with them without an attorney present. Be sure to tell them you can't meet them unless you've one right beside you. Decline the meeting if you can't get an attorney.

If they could charge you with it the police would of been called. Rent a cops wait until a person shopplifting tries to leave so they can prove the culprit had the intention of stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back