Small Claims Court UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbuk

Hi,
I bought a laptop of a seller off ebay via paypal. The account is stolen, i have his real address confirmed by different methods and his mob/home no. It was £700 and no laptop.
I have filled with paypal shall i use the small claims courts a debt firm.

Thanks Gb

Why? you say you have filled with pay pal? what did pay pal say.

Hi,
Paypal have only got me 105 back, thats not much. What about a debt collection co.

thanks

This is not legal Advise.

I can't quite see where you are going with this one? If the account is stolen and you have proof, why not submit the proof to the police?
Why did pay pal give you a some money and what for?

If you bring debt collectors in on this right now, you will have to produce evidence of this New alleged name and address that owes you money, it will then be his word against yours.

I think you need to give out a few more details on this case before anyone can give you the right advice, like what country do you live in? What did pay pal say to you? did you accept the payment as final from pay pal?

you still have rights as a consumer, but some more details are required.

good luck.

Hello,
THe account isnt stolen, i have his real welsh mobile number and landline. I have spoken to him on them. He isnt responding to emails now, i filled a paypal claim and got £105 back from his account. Im in england hes in wales, i have his real address i know its real.

Thanks

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!

Hi, gbuk.

I spent a while reserching this, you will find out the information you require back on the main forum, Under "internet and cyber law" look in section "More information for the law Advisers" (by muggsyj)

Hope all go's well! Now go get your money back Without the Debt Collectors, Use all the law to your favor that is what it is in place for. All the usfull links are on there as well.
( He who barks the loudest shall get fed!) so the best of luck.

let us all know how you get on.

Muggsyj

Thanks very much, i will read it all. I compared the address to the electoral reg it matches. Also 2 days after i paid he bought some stuff and it went to the add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back