Slick Realtor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lin_

I was a 1st time buyer on a home. I met a Real Estate broker who did, in fact, sell me a condo. However, during the 'looking for new home' process, we became friends. I loaned him money with his promise of paying it back. He only paid back part of it then dropped out of sight - completely. I was told he was no longer in Real Estate. Now I see him advertising again and I want to know how (legally) to get paid the money owed to me. I'd like to have him served with some legal papers - if this is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's $3,000 or under you are best going to small claims court. If he is doing business at a certain address, save the ads and serve him at that business address. It's very possible and it's very easy. Go to the small claims court in the area. Is he doing business in the same area?

Slick but Stupid !!

Yes. yes, yes - there is a God AND a Legal System. Managed to find out where the snake is and had him served with papers to Court. He has already paid a little over half - just this week and promises to pay the balance before the said Court Date. How great it feels !!!! If not - I'll see him in court - and yes he is STILL in the real estate business with a very reputable company.

Re: Slick but Stupid !!

Originally posted by Lin:
Yes. yes, yes - there is a God AND a Legal System. Managed to find out where the snake is and had him served with papers to Court. He has already paid a little over half - just this week and promises to pay the balance before the said Court Date. How great it feels !!!! If not - I'll see him in court - and yes he is STILL in the real estate business with a very reputable company.
Awesome! :D Good for you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back